I put the quote: "Love is the light that guideth in darkness..." and a clue on a little card and attached it to a flashlight that I left on the dining room table. We talked about what the quote meant and how love and light can guide us and illumine the world around us, how through the light of love we are able to see, how God loves us and guides us and of course about how much we love them (the kids). They then took turns hunting through the darkened front rooms for a love filled Naw-Ruz (ahem) package of mostly handmade things. I only managed to sew one pair of pyjamas, but at least I made all the wheat bags. I also tucked in an organic, chocolate, egg for good measure.
I couldn't get a good picture of all the kids in their New Year P.J.'s because somebody was unhappy that she was not the first person to hold Maryam. It didn't matter that everyone got a turn to hold the little darling, there was still a scandalous amount of nagging and tears... So, here they are in all their splendour - pouts and all.
1 comment:
I still don't know how you do all that you do. Wheat bags?
Anisa has an impressive lower lip. Is it possible there is something contagious about it?
Post a Comment