Friday, June 3, 2011

Letting it slide

You may have noticed that I am not exactly on top of things over here. My blog posts are often months behind schedule. Months I tell you. I try to keep up. Really. I do. But sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day. I start a post, but then someone needs something or I have to uplaod a photo but the photo card is in the camera and the camera is in the car and on the way to the car someone needs something, or I start typing another post in my draft folder but I can't post it yet because the earlier ones aren't finished and they'll be all out of order and every time I try to finish one of the earlier ones someone needs something...you see what I'm saying?


So I have just decided to let them slide. I'm not deleting them. Just moving on and if one day I have a chance to go back and finish them off, well so be it. And if not... well that's fine too.


So, some of what you're missing (for now anyway) is our trip to the planetarium, homeschooling activities, Ruhi's broken foot (which really deserves a blog post. She's a super hero.) multiple trips to the hospital for orthopedic surgeons (which weren't even necessary... just keep smiling) and auditory processing tests, Maryam's amazing growth, Anisa's latest creations, Bayan's charming antics and these sweet faces.

I'm sorry but I love their expressions... I'll try to get my act together and get back to some regular posting sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. Probably later.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I totally understand. Perhaps we are even mirror images of each other for some inexplicable reason. I can seem to get on top of things either. I won't elaborate the list. Being retired doesn't seem to help.

Just do what you can do. As Michael says, all will be well...

Ruhi looks so grown up! And so tall! Anisa the stalwart is holding a giant baby. How did Maryam get so big? And Bayan...about that lower lip?

Vicki said...

Sarih: You're kidding, right? It doesn't sound like you're slacking. It sounds like you have four children. 'nuff said.

I continually wonder how you do all that you do.

One year I spent two weeks at Green Acre working in the nursery and living at the cottage (with the boys of course). Someone asked me why on earth I would do that for so long. I replied, "At home I have no time for myself. Here I have no time for myself but there are aduls to talk to!"