
There have been quite a few babies welcomed into the world this year, the majority (that I know about) in the last few months. Today the kids and I are going to a baby shower for one such bundle of joy. A darling little fellow, as yet unnamed, who is positively adored by all who meet him. I came across the idea of nappy (diaper) cakes on the web and could hardly wait to try. I was disappointed that I didn't think to do this myself, especially a little earlier, as it would have been perfect for others as well. I wasn't overly impressed with the end results, especially after viewing the professional, and some not so professional, images out there. If you want to be wowed, just google it. What I did was very basic. But. So. Much.
Fun. The kids helped me roll a package of nappies into individual rolls, held together with rubber bands and from there we created two tiers by grouping the individual nappies together with a larger rubber band. I used a bottle of baby shampoo and a baby bottle as the core to hold both tiers together. I stacked the cake on a baby album, added in a few other useful, blue, items, and hot glued some ribbon around each tier. Even though it falls seriously short of what I have seen out there I am kind of proud of my first attempt and can hardly wait to make another one.

Now I just need people to have more babies....
1 comment:
People are always having babies. You just need to connect with them. How about having a periodic service project of making a nappy cake for new mom's who have had to go to women's shelters or for new immigrants having babies or some other such group? Lots of possibilities out there!
Post a Comment