Friday, February 3, 2012

countdown calendar

After two years of using the unfinished advent calendar for our Ayyam-i-Ha festivities and after long morning which I spent with Maryam on my back and hot glue gun in my hand I am proud to announce that it is finally finished. Finally. I looks how I had hoped. Awesome. (Except for some of the missing islands in the arctic but we won't talk about that.) I can't stop looking at it. I think what put me off (for two years) was my vision of the earth and children of the world...how was I ever going to make the continents much less the traditional costumes from around the world in felt with micro detailing and still have it look presentable. How? Anyone? Then, while organizing the hall closet a couple months ago I came across some laminated children I had made for some forgotten purpose. They were perfect for this. Not felt. But you can't always have everything. I can't wait for the kids to see it. Now I'm off to organize the prizes, activities and quotes... or maybe I'll just stare at it for a few more minutes...

No comments: