
Over the last week or two the girls and I have been enjoying treasure hunts around the house. Anisa has been getting very good at rhyming and will often come out with a: "Hey Mum, that rhymes with fox or stripes or vermilion green" (well maybe not the last one, but her skills
are impressive.) Ruhi is working on inferring meaning from the patchy clues that are left for them to solve and will read them out to Anisa. Together they try to figure out where the next clue is hidden while Bayan enthusiastically cheers them on. Some clues were very simple and easy to work out such as "Go to the place where you rest your
head. The next clue lies on your _ _ _ . " They had to work out what rhymed with head, in this case bed. They then had to find the clue, read it, and solve the riddle to find the next clue. Other clues were more tricky like working out that shower rhymed with power. Here are Ruhi and Anisa after solving the final clue which led them to the oven.

The "treasure" consisted of all the necessary equipment and ingredients to make caramel popcorn. Yum! I think I am enjoying these hunts more than the kids. There is much discovery, excitement and thrill. Plus I get to work on
my rhyming skills.
1 comment:
Nifty! We'll have to play some of these games when you come to visit. How come I never thought of things like this when you were young? Sigh...well, better late than never.
Post a Comment