Monday, June 30, 2008

Costumes

I finished up with the costumes I was using for some of my classes and have brought them home for the kids to enjoy for awhile. And enjoy they have. We were visited by a pilot, a fireman, a vet, a nurse and a train driver, to name a few.
They even reconstructed the dining room furniture to make way for aircraft and railway seating arrangements.
We have also been working on other dress-ups. I hit a snag when it came to a Princess dress (with a long skirt and long sleeves - it's winter here you realize) I was making for Anisa. You see, I did not measure her, but just cut out pieces according to her usual size. This was bad. Not at all the way it should have been done. Alas, we learn some things the hard way. The size five dress is too large and long even for Ruhi. At least they will both be able to wear it for a very long time. Meanwhile Anisa and I have been back to the fabric shop where we have chosen some more material and we are starting again on the winter time princess dress-up. Wish us luck. Lots of luck. Lots!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Great stuff and fun, too! Choices reflect the personalities in an interesting way.