Friday, July 4, 2008

Sight Words, Marble Painting and Pancake Cups

I have been trying to help Anisa put simple sounds together to make words. She has been doing very well with the at family: cat, sat, rat, etc. But she doesn't like sitting still for long and I thought I might introduce some sight words so that she could practice reading simple sentences. I wrote a few words (some familiar, some not) in big boxes in chalk on the driveway and she had to jump into the box containing the word that I asked her to identify. She loved it. She even added some of her own words. She is beginning to like copying and really enjoys putting letters together for me to "read". We will do this again soon and maybe I will have her read out the words so that I get a chance to jump around too... it's only fair.
We did a bit of marble painting later in the afternoon. Ruhi, very sweetly, said that it was her favourite part of the day. Bayan was most intrigued by the process and really enjoyed the shaking and moving of the pan part. I had an extremely difficult time trying to snap a clear photo. Later in the evening, as a special treat for family night we made pancake cups by putting the pancakes into muffin tins and baking them in the oven, we then added freshly chopped strawberries and freshly whipped cream and then gobbled them up. Naturally.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Thank you! I really wanted to see what you were talking about with the pancake cups. It all looks like fun.