Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Markets

For about six months I have been going to the weekly farmers markets in our area. And I am loving it. I don't know why I never went before, but bless you Martha for getting me hooked. You can find all kinds of fabulous, fresh, produce usually at much better prices than you get in the stores and generally without such harmful sprays and pesticides. Not only that there are generally heaps of stalls where people are selling secondhand goods everything from books (be still my heart) to clothes, toys, furniture and every item in between. You never know what you will find and that is half the fun.

I have found some fabulous books for the kids as well as for me. I have even found clothes, brand new, with tags still in tact and all for only a couple of dollars. Here are a few of my favourite finds. A marble maze (Bayan adores this), a water play area and a very special vase (no photos yet) that I have special Ayyam-i-ha plans for.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I'm glad Martha hooked you on this, too (thank you, Martha). You know how I am about fresh, natural produce!

Stalls with secondhand goods. We call them flea markets here. I would say you and Vicki, except that your grandmother's mother was a great secondhand shopper herself, so I must admit you come by it honestly.