Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers day

Was full of surprises. There were flowers and cards and a mother's day lunch and a little bit of me time at the Sunday morning markets. Anisa even gave me a new hair style for the day. Sorry no photos. Though I must admit, I was a sight to behold. That may, in fact, have a lot to do with why there are no photos.

Perhaps the best surprise of the day I will share with you later. But not yet. For now you may admire the beautiful artwork adorning the cards. For the record I love, love, love the phonetic spelling on the first card. There is nothing sweeter than an unpolished statement straight from the heart of your child.
I hope all the moms out there have a wonderful, magical, marvelous Mother's day. I came across a simple, sweet quote from Taylor Hanson which I think ties in nicely: "To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world." How true is that?
Happy Mother's Day and thank you Mom for everything.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

That's absolutely beautiful. It sounds like a wonderful day.

And the new hairstyle along with the sculpted playdoh makes me wonder if Anisa is exploring the possibilities of three dimensional creativity.

It's true what you say. You're welcome and thank you for sharing it all. You have turned out to be the best daughter I could ever have imagined!