Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anisa is Seven

Sometimes I am amazed at how grown-up she has become. A beautiful artist, a budding chef, a comedian with a highly unusual sense of humor and a sweet nature with a quick temper. Anisa has been very forgiving this year as she really wanted a party, but based on the fact that I have been working 4 days a week, am still nauseous and have caught a horrible cold which kicked into high gear today that idea has had to be postponed. Indefinitely. There may not have been a raging party but I did manage to bake a simple chocolate cake for her class to share today as well as cupcakes for the rest of the school. Despite my fever, nausea (have I mentioned that before?) and lethargy she also got her favorite breakfast, her requested dinner, including a surprise salad with her favorite ingredients, and a cake to share with the family - to say nothing of the little puppy she has been begging for for ages. So it wasn't a total loss. Besides, I heard the cake was really good.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

My grandchildren are beautiful and a joy to see and my daughter is fabulously creative in the kitchen (even more so than her grandmother who was an excellent cook).