Here is an after shot.
“While they are at your side, love these little ones to the uttermost. Forget yourself. Serve them; care for them; lavish all your tenderness on them ....Love them and win their love, and shower on them all the treasures of your heart. Fill up their days with happiness, and share with them their mirth and innocent delights. Childhood is but for a day. Ere you are aware it will be gone with all its gifts for ever.” ~George Townshend
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Let the nesting begin...
The walls, with their myriad footprints - yes footprints - fingerprints and assorted variety of art work have been making me feel nauseous for awhile now. Painting is out of the question. Mehran doesn't have time and it is not safe for me to do so. I've checked. I even thought of wearing those fumigation masks with double filters jutting out either side of your face and considered a special chemical that you can add to the paint to make the fumes stay low to the ground, but nothing is truly as safe as waiting until the baby is born, and so waiting it will be. In the meantime there is Selly's sugar soap and some helpers to help wash the walls and there is always the pantry that never seems to stay organized. The fact that I found a few weevils in a packet of flour spurred me on. We cleaned out the entire thing.
I scrubbed the walls and the shelves and every packet, jar and container before replacing them. The kids were most helpful removing things and even made a small labyrinth with the cans.
Here is an after shot.
I love looking at my shelves now. Especially this one.
If only the rest of the house could look like this. For now it's back to the trenches.
Here is an after shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those fumigation masks are called respirators. I have one to wear for work that is too toxic for me. I got it at an industrial supply store and the disposable filter cartridges can be changed between ones that trap fine particulates and ones that trap volatile organic chemicals so that the mask is good for either.
I love your glass storage canisters, too. Good job, mom!
Post a Comment