Monday, September 20, 2010

Loving the Markets

I know I have mentioned the markets before, but I simply have to do it again. In addition to all the fresh fruit and veggies that you inevitably come away with I love the fact that you never know what little goodies you will find. Today in terms of kids stuff I completely hit the motherload. A pair of expensive English sandals which have never been worn, new swimsuits, pyjamas and baby clothes with the tags still in tact, a couple of secondhand Newberry honor (difficult to come by here) storybooks, a baby backpack a pair of designer jeans (for 50 cents) that perfectly fit and suit Anisa and an almost unused pram (stroller) for the little one. I've seen them in the shops for nearly 300 dollars. I paid 30. I am seriously loving these markets.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Your "market" sounds like a cross between our second hand shops and our farmer's markets.

I go to the farmer's market now about once a month. I wish we had done that while you were here...you would have loved it...although maybe it wasn't set up at the old Fort Andross Mill yet during the winter time.