Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ice-skating

We needed to get out of the house today, so we put our lessons on hold and, as a post birthday treat, Ruhi chose the activity...Ice skating. She and Anisa took to the ice, while Bayan played on the bleachers and I cuddled Maryam.





The girls had a great time. They pretty much had the rink to themselves, there was music and disco lights and the freedom to get the hang of it at their own speed, in their own way without having to worry about other people zipping past. I enjoyed watching them and having snuggles with a little one who makes her own heat even in sub-zero temperatures. Bayan enjoyed climbing and running around and exploring the empty stands and surrounding areas and we all enjoyed the hot chocolate and stories I produced upon our arrival home. It was just what we needed and the rest of the day had a much calmer rhythm as a result.

Post script: the kids had such a blast that we found ourselves back again, this time with friends, for even more fun. (See photo above)

No comments: