Saturday, November 24, 2007

Gingerbread (3 Nov. 07)

Tired after a morning filled with ballet lessons and swimming Bayan contentedly slept. While he dozed I read the girls the story of The Gingerbread Man and we unanimously decided to bake some gingerbread. Only I didn't have any "men" (or anything remotely human for that matter) shaped cookie cutters so we improvised. Here is the process.


The aftermath. What can you do? It is what sponges were made for.

Rolling out the dough...easier said than done.


Cutting out the shapes, very, very, carefully.

While the gingerbread baked the girls sat on the carpet enjoying our most recent selection from the library.

We had too much fun decorating to take pictures. Here is the end product. The stars and butterflies were mostly Ruhi, the snakes, faces and houses were done by Anisa. They were delicious if I do say so myself.











1 comment:

Grammy said...

Beautiful cookies! Yum-yum! Good job, everyone.