Friday, August 8, 2008

Quarantined


Anisa caught a virus, compliments of kindy, which has progressed into tonsillitis with a raging side of conjunctivitis. (The above shot was of Ruhi who tucked Anisa into the children's sofa, got her water, arranged her blankets and sang her songs until she fell asleep. She is such a brilliant sister.) Needless to say I have not been to work this week and we have barely left the house. We are keeping busy at home and have been enjoying making party invitations, intergalactic space landscapes with crafty chalks and cotton balls and lots and lots of crayon relief drawings.

This year for Anisa's birthday we are organizing a fairy party. The fairies who attend will be helping Fairy Anisa collect food for a food bank. We wrote a little story to set the scene and included it as part of the invitation. So far that's all we've done. We are still trying to plan party games and activities as well as the menu. But more on that later. For now we are hunkering down, waiting for the antibiotics to kick in, enjoying the rain (from the cozy warmth of indoors) where a big pot of soup is bubbling away, knitting scarves for America and watching the much loved tale of Balto. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend too.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Poor Anisa! I hope no one else caught it. But she is lucky to have such a caring sister. Not to mention such an inventive mommy.

I took sick leave this past week, just generally not feeling very well but, when I was up and about, cleaned up the disorganized piles of papers in my office (which made me feel much better). Michael and I had a movie night last week and watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It was entertaining and we plan to do more of that. We have no TV but Michael has a projector that he connects to his laptop and I have a real screen, so we can watch movies in real style. We're going to get a popcorn maker, too.