Saturday, May 9, 2009

Anisa and Me

Being the middle child Anisa has had the least one on one time with wither Mehran or myself. She puts up with a lot and doesn't seem to realize it. For what may be the first time since she was born, I had the chance to spend the day just with her. Bayan went to Mehran's parents, we dropped Ruhi at school and she and I headed to the hospital for her appointment. The appointment. This is the one that we needed to wait six months for to see if the size of her artery had changed. It has not. While the doctors can still offer no explanation for it they believe this is normal for her. They are still monitoring things and will routinely check but they have said there is no cause to worry. Exhale. Thank you God!




We finished the appointment in record time and decided to go and get something to eat. Anisa chose MacDonald's and we had a delightful lunch featuring fish, potatoes and orange juice or some semblance thereof. She played on the playground and I watched, mindful and so very grateful for this time that we have together. We still had awhile before we needed to go and pick up Ruhi so I asked what she would like to do next. The sky was the limit. Do you know what she said? Out of all the choices that she had, out of everything that we could do together, what she wanted most of all was to go home and paint with me. And you know what? That is exactly what we did. For the rest of the afternoon. Life is so very sweet.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

One of the things I love about how you parent is the way you listen to the children, hear what they mean as well as what they say, really respect it and respond appropriately. Bravo! (Would that I had been as skilled...)