Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Look What I Found

I was under the impression that these were unavailable here. But lo and behold while passing a candy shop at the local shopping centre I came across a perfectly healthful display featuring such nutritious products as Hershey's Chocolates, Pop tarts, Jolly ranchers, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and an assortment of American candies. The children are entirely unfamiliar with these products and I, for the most part, intend to keep it that way. However I could not pass up purchasing one Butterfinger (these used to be my favorite) and while we will not be doing this often I thought it would be fun to try to make some of our own Butterfinger ice cream.
Bayan wholeheartedly agreed (huge surprise there) and quickly volunteered to be my co-chef... but really I think he was in charge. He was so excited that he could not hold still long enough for me to get a good photo. So I give you the blurry grin and the fist of triumph that he held aloft while the ice-cream machine did it's bit, mixing fresh cream, vanilla, eggs, sugar and crumbled Butterfinger into a delectable frozen treat...which went over splendidly and received rave reviews all around.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

How decadent. And delicious, I'm sure!