Days getting longer and waking up in the morning to warmth and sunshine instead of shadows and darkness.
The fruit trees blooming in the backyard, the thought of fresh apricots and peaches later this summer and watching the children play on a carpet of fallen petals. 
Bayan's breathless, awe-struck, voice as he grabbed my hand and said: "Mummy! Look! It's a chocolate man!" He recovered himself quickly "Hey-o (hello) chocolate man!" He shouted out at the top of his lungs while waving enthusiastically at the Cadburry delivery truck driver while we walked across the petrol station parking lot. It appears we have another chocoholic in the family.
Now, in order to fully appreciate this next one, you must fist imagine the excited tone that a three-year -old would use when asking a sibling if they would like to share some glorious experience with them. You know like if you were heading to the park, the absolute best, most fabulous and fun park in the world and you were asking if they wanted to come. Now keep that in your mind as you read Bayan's question which was uttered with much excitement and enthusiasm. He turned to Ruhi, who was happily singing in the seat beside him, and asked her, out of the blue, "Hey Ruhi! You want to throw up?" Ruhi stopped singing and looked at him with an odd expression before answering:"Um, no thanks Bayan. I'm good."
Seeing the girls faces light up when I showed them the individual salads that I made to go with dinner tonight. We are so doing this again.
1 comment:
The costumes came out well. They are really cute (as are the resident lioness and zebra)!
Here, it is well into fall. Peak color is past and the trees are losing their leaves while the days get shorter and colder. Brrrr...I'm wearing my snowpants now whenever I sit for very long.
And Bayan. Chocoholic, indeed!
Post a Comment