Friday, January 1, 2010

Adventure Land

New Years Day was spent at a fun park with Mehran's family. Not Disneyland, but not bad. There was boating, canoeing, rock climbing, bouncy castles (well - sort of), mazes, mini-golf, motorized cars, huge slides and water slides. There was even a tractor driven 'train' ride around the park where the kids kept a sharp lookout for further attractions, unfortunately all they found were golf greens. They, unanimously, felt that was rather unfortunate. But at least there were the slides. Bayan loved the big, wave slide the best while Anisa and Ruhi preferred the water slides.(He even hauled his heavy carpet off-cut up a mountain of stairs so that he could go down again and again and again.)

Some of my favorite moments included:
watching Bayan watching Mehran attempt to scale a rock mountain.
Watching the girls enthusiastically wait for turn after turn on the water slides and have a brilliant time going down.
Watching Mehran attempting to take the lazy route in bringing the picnic baskets, coolers and lunch bags down to the shaded lawn on the lower level of the park. He didn't wish to walk down all the steps so he thought it would be easier to take the slide down to the bottom while carrying the pile of lunch items on his lap. He neglected to account for the bumps in the slide and that while loaded up and going fast he would hit them harder. With the first dip the lid to the cooler became airborne, pieces of ice flew high overhead while others landed square in his lap and along the slide behind him. By the time he arrived at the bottom he was sporting some soggy shorts and a very moist shirt. But he avoided the stairs and that was the whole idea, so despite the fact that he was showered in melting ice, he was happy and pretty impressed with himself.PS. Note the people on the steps who have stopped to stare...you would think after fifteen years (today was our fifteenth wedding anniversary) I would be used to Mehran's shenanigans by now. But I find that we continue to reach new heights of embarrassing (albeit completely hilarious) public displays. You know I really wouldn't change it or him for that matter - well, maybe a few things... Anyway here's to fifteen more years. At least.

2 comments:

martha said...

The visual on that last part with Mehran going down the slide is just too funny...

Grammy said...

I loved this post. Anisa and Ruhi are obviously water babies like their Grammy and it's entirely possible Bayan got some his own version of the OCD gene since persistence seems to be his middle name.

I'm impressed with Mehran's attempt to scale the mountain, a feat I would not even attempt, much as I like adventures, and his willingness to not merely endure but enjoy something that other men might find embarrassing is very endearing. I'll raise a toast to more than fifteen more years.