Monday, January 25, 2010

Anisa's concoctions

Someone has been having a thoroughly spiffing time inventing new foods for the family and any innocent visitors to try. I am not sure which I enjoy more: watching the concentrated effort as Anisa carefully crushes cornflakes, measures specific quantities of milk and water and raids the condiment section of the refrigerator adding dashes of this, splashes of that and usually a touch of ketchup which always enhances the flavour, at least according to her; or watching Mehran's face as he samples (more warily than he did at first) her latest concoction.

I love the fact that Anisa is so creative and adventurous with her cooking and I hope that she keeps it up. One day I am sure she will hit on something big. I also love the fact that Mehran can generally be counted on to do the official taste testing. This is especially helpful when I can't quite get past the unidentified "floaty bits" hovering around the surface. It's good to know that those 9 months he spent in a Pakistani refugee camp have fortified him for his daughters culinary experiments. God bless them both.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Okay, THAT is hysterical! Bravo for BOTH of them :)

Grammy said...

She is such a charmer! Gramma would have adored her. And Mehran is a trouper. God bless him, indeed!