Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ayyam-i-Ha is

a time for: visiting friends, giving gifts, helping others, having parties, making decorations, enjoying ourselves and our Faith and preparing for the Fast that will soon be upon us.

This year it has also been a time for treasure hunts on the beach, mammoth ice cream sundaes, and funtastic gifts, but I'll post on that later.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I love that you are still doing the tissue paper flowers for Ayyam-i-Ha! I see my mother in you in your enjoyment, creativity and skills in cooking (not my gifts). I see my mother's mother in you in the fun activities and adventures you create for the children (not my mother's gifts or mine). But the tissue paper flowers at Ayyam-i-Ha...those were definitely from me.

Grammy said...

And the mammoth ice cream sundaes? That is my grandmother triple cubed. She used to make us ice cream floats in tall goblets from a fancy crystal punch bowl with a glass ladle and ornate little gilded spoons to eat it with in her formal dining room on a lace table cloth. But we didn't have to be too careful because it was always just for fun.