The last few days has seen me sorting through mountains of baby things. I have been meaning to do this since I was about 16 or so weeks along but with feeling nauseous and being slightly put off by the idea of crouching in the attic while balancing on support beams and sifting through boxes to find what I need I have repeatedly neglected to get to it, but now that I am rapidly approaching 28 weeks I decided it simply must be done (plus I have heaps of marking that I would rather not do...ahem) to say nothing of the fact that if I leave it much longer I may not fit through the manhole at all ( I also have had this dreadful vision of getting myself through, but then getting lodged in the manhole on the way down...it ends with firemen having to cut me loose from the ceiling and is not a pretty image.) Anyway it was luck or fate or perhaps something to do with the fact that I have heaps of marking which I feel inspired to leave for later that led me to insist on Mehran helping maneuver the ladder inside. Fortunately I could still fit without getting wedged in going up or down, unfortunately my girth blocked the hole as far as being able to get anything in or out. That left two options. One: shouting "Fire in the hole!" or "Look out below!" or "Bombs away!" and other such phrases as I dropped boxes and bags of assorted baby paraphernalia while trying not to squish the children or option two: getting Mehran and his brother (who conveniently happened to be visiting this morning) to empty the attic for me. Guess which one I chose? Then when everything else was out and I was sitting on the floor sorting through bits and pieces, my neighbour called and asked if there was anything we needed for the baby as she was sorting out her shed and giving away all of her old baby clothes. I said "I think that we're covered, but I'll pop over and take a peek" as I couldn't find the bibs or wraps and I had happened upon a pile of sadly discolored jumpsuits that I'm quite certain did not look so dingy when I packed them away. We came home with three bags of gorgeous baby clothes all in pristine condition, looking as if they had never been worn. By the way we have awesome neighbours. Have I said that before? I'll say it again. We have awesome neighbours.
The result is this:
A charming child who has helped by trying on every possible item and regaling us with impromptu fashion shows always proceed by the delighted words "It still fits!" and a living room in chaos.
With two tubs of boy clothes in various sizes still waiting to be sorted. Two huge bags of things to give away. Four boxes of girls things sorted into sizes and four loads of laundry (all baby items for the first 6-7 months), 1 baby bathtub, one bouncer, 1 car seat and a nagging suspicion that there are a few boxes that were missed as I am still missing my maternity things (which I could seriously use right now as I have exactly one pair of pants that fits) and the baby wraps and bibs... hmm. I may find myself up in the attic after all but for now I need to go sew some aprons. Anisa has been invited to no less than three birthday parties in the next few days and while we have something set aside for each of the girls I thought I would add a homemade touch as well. Plus now I have to find a home for all these boxes which will mean reorganizing the hall closets and I'm just not feeling it right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment