We've started on our annual gingerbread house preparations. We left it a bit late and so I skipped a couple of steps. I figured it really wouldn't make much difference if I didn't leave the dough in the refrigerator for the recommended couple of hours so we just rolled it out, cut it to shape and popped it in the oven. Despite waiting over 24 hours for the baked pieces to harden the front of the house cracked and the roof broke in two. Not good. But we've trudged ahead anyway using lots of royal icing to hold things in place and have at least a standing structure, slightly dilapidated, but standing. We're giving it another day to harden up before I let the kids loose with decorating. And they wanted to make a Gingerbread Taj Mahal. Thank goodness we just went with a simple house. We'll save the Taj Mahal for next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment