Despite the fact that Mehran has been working non-stop and I do mean non-stop for the past 6 weeks (he doesn't normally get home until 11 or later every night - and he leaves before 7:00 each morning) the house, though much improved, is still quite a way off from being done. Yet the deadline is this weekend. The children and I came bearing keys for Mehran and refreshments for all. We came expecting to find the walls and roof and tiling completed. What we found instead was this:
A massive pile of rubbish in the front yard and a mini-skip filled with building debris.
All of the cracks were filled, most of the walls were painted, the ceiling was repaired and the bathroom was tiled. Yet we also discovered a toilet
in the middle of the kitchen and sinks and cabinets in the lounge. I will just repeat that the deadline is this weekend. This week-end. How the house can possibly be ready by then I don't know but I do know that I am looking forward to the end of this renovation. And I know someone else who is too.
1 comment:
Well, I know you all survived it somehow and it was an enormous amount of work. Having gone through major remodeling projects, I have nothing but sympathy for all of you. The details are endless. Mehran, poor dear, looks exhausted.
Post a Comment