For numerous reasons, that I won't go into right now, we're doing a bit of homeschooling around here. I love being with the kids and sharing my time with them. I love watching them grasp various concepts and make interesting discoveries like the fact that Capri's Blue grotto actually exists and is something that they too might be able to visit one day. I love watching them create and explore and I love seeing them work together. I love the fact that when they are home they are not being compared or graded or pigeon holed. There are still things that I am grappling with, like making sure that they have all completed what I think they need to have completed, especially those who are less academically inclined, the noise factor (Bayan seems to have gone super sonic all of a sudden and the girls have a lot of trouble concentrating while Bayan is busy just being himself - he doesn't mean to distract and annoy he just wants to sing and chant and make random mechanical sounds. You know how it is.) How to keep the house clean and still get everything done is also something I am struggling with and then of course there is Maryam, the sweetest, most darling little thing who still has her own needs that need to be met no matter how accommodating she may be. It's a work in progress. But sadly I don't know how much I am progressing. I just want what is best for the kids and sometimes I feel like I am being pulled in a dozen different directions. While I continue to grapple with this here are some random shots of some of the things we have been doing. 



These are just a few images of map making, art projects, science experiments, maths lessons and read alouds. There has been lots that has gone unphotographed and lots more that is currently underway or will be posted about later on.
2 comments:
I love hearing what you are doing and seeing the pictures. How to get the house clean and still get everything else done is the eternal challenge of mothers (and at home dads). It's not something you can achieve and put behind you but only make progress a day at a time and I think it sounds like you are doing well.
If I made it sound like that then I apologize because that certainly not the case, though we are working on it.
Post a Comment