Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ridvan







Call it what you will. It's a treasure hunt. Another one. My kids are not complaining. Yet. And I just don't have the time or the inspiration to do anything else at the moment. So, once again I took a quote, this time about Ridvan, jumbled up the words placed them in colorful eggs and hid the eggs in the garden for the kids to find. They unjumbled the words until the quote made sense and then got to use the garden clippers to trim the roses and make a floral arrangement to bring inside. They only get to do this on Holy Days so despite its simplicity it was still special. But as they get older I know I'm going to have to start taking it up a notch and making it more interesting and challenging. But this year, its all about simplicity.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Ridvan in the fall with the leaves turning color. It seems so strange when during Ridvan here the leaves are just budding on the trees.

Thank you for the lovely pictures.