While I know that some of this is quite common, it doesn't make it any more pleasant to experience. We spent a good deal of time this morning trying to put ourselves in the other person's shoes, to try to see the situation from another perspective. I don't know how successful we were (not very, judging from the sounds emerging from the computer room at present) but we shall persevere. Maybe one day it will sink in. I sure hope so.
In other news we had a lovely lunch after a fabulous trip to the grocery store where I stocked up on supplies for the week ahead. I am, extremely reluctantly, reentering the workforce on Thursday and the school year resumes on Tuesday. The kids were all wonderful and Bayan even sat in the seat the whole time we were there!!! That is unusual so I am deeply impressed and greatly appreciative. While in the bakery section the girls found a super long loaf of bread which we bought so that we could make this: (for lunch).
How fun, yummy and nutritious is that?
1 comment:
When the children were young (and actually still now), I would tell each one "you're my favorite". It was usually said in front of anyone and it had always to do with how the person was behaving at the time. I made sure that I used the phrase with each person at an appropriate time. By doing this I tried to focus on their positive actions.
On the other hand, once they got old enough to know (middle school) it used this: When their behavior was, shall we say, less than sweet and noble, I would simply quote "Noble have I created thee, yet thou has abased thyself. Rise then unto which thou wast created." After a little while they would sarcasticalliy repeat it with me (Aha! I got them!)
One of the behaviors I saw in their young female friends was the telling of secrets about someone present (or not). A non-Baha'i parent just laughed it of as "being girls". A Baha'i parent in the same situation would not tolerate the secret-telling and put a stop to it immediately.
We certainly have our work cut out for us, no?
Post a Comment