M. said he would try to sort out the tree and I said I would keep a look out as well, as I drove through heavily wooded areas each day. In the end, as a last ditch, desperate measure, I wound up returning to a beautiful, park like place, where I inadvertently crashed a wedding (but only slightly) as I scampered through the bush searching for the perfect branch. As it turned out M. had chopped off part of a tree and what he brought worked perfectly... far better than what I found, at least in the woods. In the stores, well, that was another matter entirely. Bayan was my designated shopping buddy, but he was not entirely thrilled with this state of affairs and let everyone know just how wronged he felt whenever we were unable to purchase something he desired. It's a cruel world I tell you...cruel. On the bright side we, after five stores and much howling and tears, finally located some organza bags that-while small-would do the trick. Into these were stuffed a chocolate frog, a balloon, some bubble mixture, a packet of stickers and a sesame snaps.
Now all we needed were the cherry blossoms. So while we went over the agenda and began our meeting I demonstrated how to make the blossoms from folded scraps of tissue paper. By the time we finished we were getting some great flowers happening and we had more than enough to place on the tree.
“While they are at your side, love these little ones to the uttermost. Forget yourself. Serve them; care for them; lavish all your tenderness on them ....Love them and win their love, and shower on them all the treasures of your heart. Fill up their days with happiness, and share with them their mirth and innocent delights. Childhood is but for a day. Ere you are aware it will be gone with all its gifts for ever.” ~George Townshend
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Cherry Blossoms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks to me like everyone had fun making the cherry blossoms. Paper flowers anyone? But where is Bayan? Patience is not yet his strong suit but he is working on it, little by little...
Post a Comment