
I have a special 'helper' who, at least once a day rearranges the pantry products for me. His current fetish is with the glass jars and containers that he likes to take from the shelves and rearrange on the floor. The cans are his second items of choice, but they normally wind up on the counter top as I am preparing dinner with implicit instructions from my sous chef about which cans to use and how many to add. You know tasty tips like how I must add peach halves, asparagus spears, tomato paste and lemon pepper tuna to the chicken curry. If I fail to heed his instructions he can often be found foraging for can openers and attempting to open the cans and add the ingredients himself. Perhaps I should just let him try it. Despite the fact that he favors glass and canned products (in terms of relocating them at least) he has also made off with some organic spices. I found a brilliant range at the store and have been using them instead of their cheaper counterparts. The one I use most is the whole peppercorns which I grind just before adding to food. That is, when I can find them. I have been peppercornless for two days now and am beginning to feel seriously frustrated. They are not with the spices, they are not in the pantry, they are not on the bookcase, tucked in the couch or hidden beneath the exercise equipment. I have searched all Bayan's usual haunts and even some not so usual ones, to no avail...where,
oh where, could they be?
2 comments:
Hmmm. Have you asked him where peppercorns might hide if they didn't want to be found? Perhaps he might reveal his new stash.
Fresh ground organic is so much more flavorful, isn't it?
Actually, Grammy, that is a great idea. He just might remember. Kyle took to "hiding" the hamburger behind the bath tub for a while.
You also might think of creative storing places. I knew Kyle was the culprit when he was helping to put away groceries and put the can of frosting in a drawer behind the lettuce. My lips remained sealed until the appropriate time but I DID notice his error. Behind vegetables in the freezer is another place :)
Post a Comment