Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sports Day Highlights

A warm, sunny day. A cerulean blue sky and not a cloud to be seen. Fun with friends; yummy, homemade, treats and fresh apples from the roadside.
Witnessing persistence. Ruhi and the other girls in her age group had to run around the oval. Despite the fact that, early on, she fell far behind, she never gave up or lost heart. She ran the entire distance, giving it her all and even paused to smile as she huffed past. She may not have won any medals but she won a lot of hearts and a lot of admiration today. Well done Ruhi! I am so proud of you!
Watching Ruhi enjoying a game of capture the beanbags.
Swinging in a little playground with Bayan while snapping candid shots of the girls from afar.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Looks like a fun day for everyone although mostly I could not make out who was who.

I'm proud of you, too, Ruhi. You did your best on that day and finishing the whole distance and being happy to have done it made it just right.