Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Waffle fractions and other such things

Ruhi is requiring a little more help with math at the moment so we are spending a bit more time trying to memorize x tables and work with fractions. To that end we made waffles this morning and did some activities around 1/5 - 5/5. It was actually a lot of fun. Tasty too.

4 comments:

Michael said...

A wonderful idea for making math understandable and fun. I wish someone had done this for me! I hope you enjoyed the results too Ruhi!

Grammy said...

I used to love waffles, when I could eat such things, and I always wanted a heart-shaped waffle maker. Make my day. Are these gluten free, too?

sarih said...

All of my baked goods these days are gluten free. Sigh.

Grammy said...

Yes but remember, you are following in Gramma's footsteps. In the 1950's when hardly anyone had ever heard of gluten, let alone problems with it, and white flour and sugar were staples in every kitchen, she banned it from the house except for very special occasions. And patiently endured teasing from her brothers, their wives and her brothers and sisters-in-law because of it. Then some of them died and some of the ones that were left began to emulate her instead of teasing her. It's not easy to be in the forefront of change.