Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nine

Nine years ago an amazing young lady entered our lives. This tiny little being brought so much joy and laughter into our life and continues to amaze us each day. I remember laying in the hospital bed and feeling a rapid sense of panic when she began to cry as I wasn't sure what to do. Little by little we learned together and every now and again, especially as she rapidly approaches adolescence, that same feeling of panicky unpreparedness strikes again. She is so sweet and so quiet and so kind and I often worry that the world will take advantage of her noble nature. This is a child who will not speak harshly to others even if they have been unkind to her, a child who will readily forgive, a child whose sensitive nature allows her to empathise with others and who often feels things deeply, a child who will generously share her own things with those who are less fortunate, who never forgets to say "please" or "thank you," who listens the first time she is told to do something and who reminds those less inclined to follow directions, a child who, over the last two months, has read the Tablet of Ahmad every day, and now knows this prayer by heart. She is an amazing soul, a brilliant artist and a wonderful big sister and I thank God that she is a part of our family. We love you Ruhiyyih honey. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Indeed Ruhi, we love you very much.I just wish I could live closer to see more of you while you're growing up.

Grammy said...

Michael is right, Ruhi, we do indeed love you very much. How could we not? You are so very special to us, we wish you were here or that we could be there more often.

Grammy said...

And did I mention? I love the face paint...it gives you an elfin, fairy-like appearance.