Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Cousins Are Here! The Cousins Are Here!

This is just a quick post as I don't foresee having a chance to write anything again for a little while. I have just finished off my last movie review for the year (phew!) and am neck deep in gingerbread house paraphernalia, cooking supplies for Thanksgiving (Dec 25) and we have plans for the next week that include: five lunch engagements, cherry picking in the hills, a trip to the coast to visit an island inhabited by penguins, a trip to the airport, a day at the Baha'i Summer School (at which, rumour has it, I am supposed to be presenting something...no one has contacted me, so...???) and on top of it all it's our turn to host feast which means preparing refreshments for 200 people. Excellent!

But the best part?... The Cousins are HERE! Ruhi and Anisa, and Bayan for that matter, have been having a great time getting to know Sana and Sonia, Mehrdad and Mitra's children who are visiting from Perth (along with their parents). We have thus far been visiting people at their homes, gone to a farm and braved the local shopping complexes complete with swarming masses of desperate, frazzled-looking, last minute Christmas shoppers...always a pleasure. I will post some photos later. Sonia has got the most amazing hair(!) and I've got some really cute shots. Shirley Temple eat your heart out. Sana, like a seasoned celebrity, has managed to evade most of my photo taking attempts...but I think I may still have gotten a couple good ones where he isn't ducking behind someone or something. He has the kind of smile that angels only dream of.

Uh Oh! Gotta go. Bayan's just handed Mehran a fist full of poo...

No comments: