Thursday, December 27, 2007

Meet the Cousins

We are most likely heading to the Baha'i Summer School for the day tomorrow, regardless of the alleged panel presentation I am supposed (???) to be preparing for. As it stands now I can confirm that I have NOT received an e-mail (I have double checked), nor has my message regarding clarification been answered, nor am I certain of the topic. I only know that my name appears on the program (albeit spelled incorrectly - perhaps there is hope in that) for a 10-15 minute presentation towards the end of the day.


The current plan of action is as follows: if worst comes to worst I will grab some quotes and "wing it". In the meantime I will procrastinate as efficiently as possible and take the time now to introduce you to Mehrdad and Mitra's kids.
This is Sana, hiding in the Cherry trees. I believe I mentioned that he can be extremely professional at avoiding photos . But look at the gorgeous smile. Here is a better one of him and Uncle Mehrdad (photo courtesy of Aunt Mitra, for which we are inexpressibly grateful).

Sana is very well-spoken, especially in Persian, so it gave myself and the kids a great opportunity to practice ours while they were here. Sonia also has an extremely impressive vocabulary, although she tends to save her words for those she is most comfortable with.

Here she is with Anisa, modelling the princess outfit the children gave to her. Isn't she sweet? She loves to accessorize. I don't think her little red handbag left her side the entire time she was here.

Here is one of her and Ruhi on "Thanksgiving" day.

And a closeup of the curls: I am sooo jealous! Ten years of perms and not once did a professional stylist even come close.
Gorgeous! Anyway I must be off we have "family night" plans tonight and I have to get quotes and thoughts organized for tomorrow...I think...

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Yes, Sonia's hair is way beyond Shirley Temple. Amazing!