The children received clipboards with questions about common storybooks and characters and things that they had to find or count along the trail. Here they are at a hobbit house peering through a window in search of their answer.
Ruhi was the first to recognise this lamp post standing alone in a wooded grove. She said it reminded her of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (something I read to her ages ago) and who do you think we should meet beneath the trees just behind it?
Why Aslan of course.
The children counted their way along an African safari identifying animals made from recycled materials. The girls also posed in Mowgli's hut after answering a question about The Jungle Book.
Bayan hopped along a log path
while Ruhi gave Wilbur a hug and Anisa picked his nose.
They then counted the spiders in Charlotte's web
before traipsing off to the Faraway Tree to find out how many fairies lived there. The artist had actually infused fairy statues into the bark and had constructed miniature windows and doors at the base of the tree.
For some unfathomable reason I did not take any pictures of this. I did however get a shot of Harry Potter's broomstick suspended in a grove of pine trees.
I also took some shots of the children posing in the same tree. For it was to this place that we returned after we had handed in our completed sheets, claimed our prize and had a picnic lunch.
Magic.
3 comments:
Ruhi is showing a brightness and health in her face that was not previously there. Whatever changes you have made to her diet seem to be helping her.
Before I got to the last lines of your post, I said to myself, "This place is magical!" The next time I come to visit, I want to go there.
And I second Vicki's observation about Ruhi. I have been noticing the same things.
And do you remember the vision I told you I had of Ruhi before I gave you and Mehran permission to marry fifteen years ago? She looks now almost exactly as I saw her then, wearing the same plaid dress with her hair looking just exactly as it does in these photos. It startled me to see the vision suddenly become real.
This is an absolutely brilliant garden! Your photos really make the subject come alive.
Post a Comment