after the first day back at school. When the highlight of our holiday was a family dinner in the backyard and a few roasted marshmallows for dessert you can understand that the children really were not ready to go back to school. Both of them wanted to stay home today. Anisa asked why the holidays were so short. Meanwhile I could have used an extra week at home myself.
Anyway to make it all a little more bearable I told them I would try to come up with a surprise for them after school. Bayan and I spent the day running errands: the library, the mechanics (twice), grocery shopping, home for some chores, my school for some planing and photocopies and then back to get the girls. At the store I found some gluten free, dairy free, nut free etc. donuts in the frozen section and, after reading the label (the price was horrendous but the ingredients weren't bad), decided to get them.
Ruhi received an activity book for birthday and had wanted to do a game with donuts that the book suggested, only I always developed a spontaneous case of amnesia when it came to buying the donuts. But not today.
When they arrived home after school I tied some strings around them (the donuts - not the kids) and hung them from the pergola and voila: instant snack / game. They loved this. Ruhi was especially happy that I had finally remembered. 



1 comment:
This really looks like fun!
Post a Comment