Years ago Martha gave us a small tent (igloo) from IKEA and warned me that they were extremely challenging to pack away. Extremely. I hesitated to bring it out for a very long time. I can only plead post traumatic stress here as we used to have a "pop up play tent" that only Steve Irwin and his entire team of highly trained, extremely toned, crocodile hunters could have wrestled into submission. The thing used to drive me nuts trying to store it away - the minute you thought you had it right where you wanted it well, the whole thing would inevitably blast open and you'd be back to square one. Anyway, its Ridvan. It has been wet and cool and there was no way we could do our gazebo thingy outdoors. We needed a tent. This turned out to be perfect. (Thanks Martha!) We put a Persian cloth on the floor and draped Indian silk over the top. And voila: the perfect place share prayers and read Ridvan stories.
“While they are at your side, love these little ones to the uttermost. Forget yourself. Serve them; care for them; lavish all your tenderness on them ....Love them and win their love, and shower on them all the treasures of your heart. Fill up their days with happiness, and share with them their mirth and innocent delights. Childhood is but for a day. Ere you are aware it will be gone with all its gifts for ever.” ~George Townshend
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Ridvan
Years ago Martha gave us a small tent (igloo) from IKEA and warned me that they were extremely challenging to pack away. Extremely. I hesitated to bring it out for a very long time. I can only plead post traumatic stress here as we used to have a "pop up play tent" that only Steve Irwin and his entire team of highly trained, extremely toned, crocodile hunters could have wrestled into submission. The thing used to drive me nuts trying to store it away - the minute you thought you had it right where you wanted it well, the whole thing would inevitably blast open and you'd be back to square one. Anyway, its Ridvan. It has been wet and cool and there was no way we could do our gazebo thingy outdoors. We needed a tent. This turned out to be perfect. (Thanks Martha!) We put a Persian cloth on the floor and draped Indian silk over the top. And voila: the perfect place share prayers and read Ridvan stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL!!! I remember that tent, how special to have prayers said in it! I love the set up you've got. But yeah, the pack up... i take full responsibility for the post traumatic stress caused... just leave it open is what i'd do.
How nice! I thought those figures looked familiar. Good to see that you and the children are still enjoying them.
I think my one person tent from LLBean is pretty easy to set up and take down. Did we set it up when you were here? I have gaps in my memory.
And did I say? The silk is a really inspired touch.
Post a Comment