In other news Anisa has spent the weekend illustrating a story that she wrote. I absolutely adore it. Each time I read it, or have it read to me, it brings a smile to my face. I am reproducing it here, with the artists consent of course, so that you might enjoy it too.
Once upon a time there was a girl. She wanted a pet but her mum said "You have to wait until you are older." 
She grew and she grew and she grew until she was 7. Her mum said, "You still have to wait until you are almost an adult." 
So she went to go find some different animals. She went to find a koala....So she went home for a bandaid. (I love that part. You may think that something is missing, but that is the genius of the thing, Koalas can be brutal creatures and some injuries are simply implied.) 
So she went home with her mum to get some ice cream.
She is currently working on some more stories. Her one about a poor family at Christmas time almost had me in tears. I'm sure that had nothing to do with pregnancy hormones. It was simply eloquent and beautiful. Here she is reading her latest publication to an enraptured Bayan.
No comments:
Post a Comment