Friday, April 24, 2009

Look Who's Eating Now!

On our second night back with the house in chaos and me feeling perfectly depressed I attempted to make a "fun" dinner for the kids. Grandma Linda gave us a set of taco baking bowls so that you can place a tortilla in them, bake them and then get to eat your "bowl". The kids thoroughly enjoyed this and even Bayan (the infamous picky eater) got in on the action.
Thanks Grandma! While we were at Bed, Bath and Beyond I came across a set of silicon muffin cups with feet. I cannot bring myself to bake in them - though I hear baking in silicon is perfectly safe something about it just doesn't feel right. Who's to know? Anyway I filled them with yogurt and freshly sliced strawberries and added a beach umbrella-just for fun. We had homemade iced tea and Ruhi wore her Mickey Mouse ears, just for fun. Geez, you'd think with all the fun we're having around here I wouldn't feel so darn miserable. Sigh. I really miss America. Perhaps more specifically I really miss my family.

No comments: