So, as it turns out I do not simply have pinchable fatty pockets (I ask you, honestly, have you ever heard of such a thing?) I also have a wandering kneecap. The physiotherapist didn't put it quite like that, but he did explain that one part of the knee socket seems to be worn down a bit on one side which would explain the sensation of it "popping out of place" that, coupled with an old dance injury and: voila you have the pleasure of having your kneecap surgically taped into place to prevent it from dislocating again while the muscles get strengthened around it. It is not quite as much fun as it sounds. But at least I can move normally and at least I feel justified in the aforementioned agony as, not only was my fatty pocket pinched, but the kneecap was also dislocated. So there.
Not to be outdone... when we arrived home Anisa gave Bayan a rambunctious piggy back ride. Never a good thing. Anisa slipped, knocking her elbow on the tiles and dropped Bayan, who landed on his head. Ugh! Between the screams and the tears and the howls and the swelling of heads I carted the children off to the bedroom to calm them down because Mehran (who arrived home early - not a mistake he will repeat any time soon I am sure) looked like he was about ready to check himself into the nearest mental asylum. But he recovered himself, bandaged some body parts and peace was restored at last
...until Bayan skinned his knee. But that is another story.
3 comments:
Remember, that time your dad acidentially dislocated your elbow when he was swinging you around the living room? Dr. Adams said you have stretchy ligaments, extra flexible. Perhaps that is a factor influencing the wandering kneecap. Hopefully, you have some good exercises to strengthen the surrounding muscles and will remember to do them all your life.
Did I say? God bless Mehran. Children that age will sometimes be rambunctious and falls are inevitable; one just hopes that they are too serious and restraint is learned sooner rather than later.
That would be NOT too serious...
I meant NOT to serious...
Post a Comment