Thursday, December 27, 2007

Halelujah!

I would like to call it a miracle, but I rather think that I am beginning to go a teensey bit senile, in my old age. After turning the house upside down, after searching the car (twice), after scouring the front garden at Farzin and Elham's, after hijacking Mehrdad and Mitra's camera for my own purposes, after downloading their photos (in a desperate bid to get some relevant pictures to put on the blog) and after ultimately coming to terms with the loss of the camera and photos, guess what I found upon arriving home this evening? Ruhi was worried about a spider, who weaves a web across the front veranda every evening, it was at that moment that I realised that I had given Ruhi the camera to take a picture of said spider. In my defence may I just add that it has been nearly 7 years since I have slept through the night...surely that must do unfortunate things to your brain...

I have learned a valuable lesson in all of this: Be grateful for what you have, even if it is not entirely what you would wish for because the moment that it is gone you want nothing more than to have it back. Profound, eh?

2 comments:

Grammy said...

You were seven years old before I slept through the night. You have my sympathy! Makes you wonder, though, how the connections between parents and their children play out...

So maybe we'll see some pictures again before too long.

Grammy said...

And yes, very profound! A lesson we'd all do well to remember.