Monday, January 14, 2008

Self-expressionism

Anisa has finally found someone who shares her enthusiastic panache for for body art.

After having lunch at Tahereh and Behrooz's, while the adults chatted over tea, Anisa and Sonia sat quietly in a secluded corner decorating themselves and their clothes with markers. Marvel at their artistic handiwork:
My concern is not that these markers do not wash off clothes, or bodies for that matter (not unless you take a leisurely dip in chlorinated waters), but rather that she appears to be grooming a protegee (Baby Bayan). We have caught our little tike following her lead in coloring his toes and feet a dazzling array of colours, not to mention the interesting markings he leaves on his face for all to admire.

His favourite mediums are currently marker, crayon and pen (whatever he can get a hold of really) the less likely it is to wash off the walls and woodwork the more he appears to like it. Here are a couple of his current works: Marker on Antique Buffet Hutch
The next one is done with bright blue crayon on the wall, but I have lovingly named this one "In Cahoots" as Bayan has not yet mastered faces. Apparently his masterpiece was too abstract for Anisa's taste. She felt compelled to add her own special touches. I shall not repeat what Mehran said when he saw this. Let's just say he was not impressed.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Forewarned is forearmed. When you come to visit, I will be certain that none of the children's markers in the house are the indelible kind and all other writing implements are stashed beyond the reach of the most intrepid climbers.

I can imagine what Baba had to say and I don't blame him. Try moistened baking soda with a tiny bit of dish soap as a scrubbing compound, maybe alternating with lemon juice.

Grammy said...

They are gorgeous, though, aren't they? The decorated body parts. So harmonious with the Persian rugs. I can see how those patterns might have come about...

Anissa said...

This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Oh Sarih, your poor patient mother. Please keep this blog for years to come, so that your children can appreciate what your grandchildren will put them through .. all while you can sit back and enjoy the pictures and laugh :-)