Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dec. 19th Good Morning Everyone!

Currently it is 3:17am, so technically that's morning, right?

I knew Bayan would be up early, haven fallen asleep around 5:45 yesterday evening (just after it had begun to snow again) I just had no idea that I'd find myself being led downstairs like a reluctant dog by an chipper 2-year-old at this unseemly hour. I'd have gone to bed well before 1 am had I known that an extra-enthusiastic snow plow driver would be beeping down the street, scratching his metal plow against the pavement whilst scraping ice and snow off the road and driveway (directly under our bedroom window - I might add) and making an unspeakable racket in the process.
Though, in a state of deep hibernation, I must confess to being somewhat awake (thanks to the enthusiasm of the aforementioned plow) even before I heard Bayan's perky voice in the darkness: "Oooohhh...what dat?" The plow had peaked his interest. There was no going back to sleep now.
So, we are currently huddled by a little heater on the cork wood floor of the bathroom while Bayan hums the theme song to Thomas the Train in between eating mouthfuls of cereal and inspecting the underside of the tub; while I stare vacantly at the shower curtain and bath mat until they merge into a pale, yellow, mass and automatically aim spoonfuls of cereal in the general vicinity of his face, while outside the wind howls and snow drifts are forming against the side of the house.

It promises to be a very long day.

No comments: