Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dec. 21: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

I've had that tune in the back of my head for days now, ever since repeatedly hearing it on the radio. And snow it did. The amount may be partially our fault, as the children and I have been collectively praying for a good snowfall. So, look. at. this:
My mother's car as we found it in the morning. Cool huh? Because we don't live here I think this is especially awesome. I didn't even mind shovelling the snow out of the way, or making a path to walk through or helping to make mountainous slides for the children to sled down. I also didn't mind sledding down the slides with them. That is so much fun! But I can understand the angst of the local population who must repeatedly shovel and plow and scrape and heat and pay just to survive and function in this weather.
So while the girls made snow angels and got in some more sledding from even higher hills (note the red muff around the girls faces, this is turtle fur courtesy of my mom-thanks Grammy!) Bayan got dressed in winter gear and he too got in on the action (minus the gloves or a muff, we just couldn't keep those on him). He took special pleasure in helping shovel out the car.

Look at the brightness. Have you ever seen anything so white?

No comments: