Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bargains

After a hectic morning involving swimming lessons and a birthday party next door, the kids and I headed across the street to a garage sale. There we found a glass vase (for a dollar), a couple of chocolate molds (50 cents each) which I have fabulous, Baha'i activity, plans for and a pretty, little, fairy container which will be a perfect intermediary for the tooth fairy (as it is the perfect size to hold a tiny note and a small treasure.) Mehran had gone over first thing in the morning and come back with two outdoor chairs and four costumes (two hawaiian, one butterfly fairy and one mermaid) which we have put away for Ayyam-i-ha. Ruhi, while browsing through an assortment of odds and ends, found the most beautiful unused pencil (for one dollar, and even woke up early this morning to ask if we could use it to do some maths and art together) meanwhile Anisa located a fluffy, pink, bejewelled, Angel fairy, broach-like, pin. Imagine that.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Okay, I need to weigh in on the eggplant thing. The way my mom likes it prepared is: slice fairly thin (more than 1/4" is okay), dip in beaten egg, then in seasoned corn meal, then fry until crisp. It really is delicious. And I don't even peel it, unless the skins are particularly thick.

Grammy said...

I love this picture of Anisa and Ruhi.