Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mehran's aunt and uncle (his aunt being 10 years younger and his uncle being 4 years older than Mehran- just so it doesn't sound so wierd) recieved the best gift a couple could get on Valentine's Day. The long awaited arrival of their first child. A little boy named Daniel. I am so happy for them. Both mother and baby are doing well and I can hardly wait to see them, although I may have to. As of today Bayan has taken over for Sneezy Dwarf and in true form has rapidly developed a runny nose and has somewhat lost his appetite. He is currently running around the place armed with a spray bottle and is joyfully spritzing the walls and furnishing for me. We will see how he is come Sunday and may make a trip to the hospital or we may wait until they are settled at home. Mehran is probably happy to wait as (I am sure) the older the baby is when we see him the less likely (so he thinks) I may be inclined to want another. Poor Mehran...doesn't he know babies are perfectly delicious whatever their age.

In other valentine's news we had a delightful visit from friends who brought cupcakes to share. Anisa and Ruhiyyih both eagerly tucked into their cakes. Ruhi wanted to know if she could eat the love-heart decorations on hers and I said "Yes. They are edible." Anisa, who was already merrily crunching away on hers, added with gusto: "Yeah! They're incredible!" I don't think she intended to rhyme but it was really cute.

No comments: