
In the past few days I have given away well over five kilos, have experimented with vegetarian eggplant burgers (interesting), have made a huge batch of khoresht - e - bademjan (Persian eggplant stew, an old favourite, mostly) as well as a massive eggplant parmesean which, sadly, will not be making an encore appearance on our table. While not the most delicious thing I have ever tasted I didn't think it was quite so heinous nor nearly as repulsively disgusting as Mehran and the children made out. Bayan, who can hardly speak, made himself quite clear with his repeated proclamations of: "Yucky! YUCKY!". Oh well. Now I know what not to make. I project it will take at least a few weeks for me, singlehandedly and alone, to nosh my way through the leftovers and by the end of it I am quite certain I will never want to lay eyes on an eggplant again. Not that I will have much choice...look what is still rapidly flourishing right outside the door... brilliant!

Not that I am complaining. I am very grateful that we have enough to eat, and a wonderful variety too, and am entirely mindful that many do not...hmmm, there's an idea of what could become of our abundant eggplant harvest, or perhaps Mehran will develop an eggplant franchise. Either way, I am not sure how much more of this good thing I can stomach,
literally.
No comments:
Post a Comment