Friday, February 15, 2008

"Hepping"

Bayan is famous for wanting to be involved in whatever activity the rest of us are doing. To that end he is forever insisting on "hepping" (helping) - bless him. He will often confiscate the vaccume cleaner from me right in the middle of a cleaning job, will thank me for adding a dish to the sink and instantly toss it onto the counter again, as apparently it interferes with his preferred dish washing process, a process that generally involves lots of water and bubbles and will inevitably concluded with both of us, the counter and floor all drenched and dripping...but at least he is trying to help.

He loves watering the plants, especially the eggplants, which-as we are all aware- I am desperately eager to harvest.He also has a panache for spritzing things with my spray bottle. This is actually a handy skill as he not yet mastered the concept of confining his artistic impulses to paper or other acceptable mediums, and consequently can assist in cleaning up - at least when it is water soluable.

On evenings when I am in a raging hurry to get dinner organized and on the table I can always count on some "hepp" from Bayan. He adores adding, mixing, stirring and flicking, not to mention tasting. He even tried to fill the canneloni tubes with a favourite concoction of spinach, cheeses, egg and seasonings, a task both deceptively tricky and beautifully satisfying.

Making turkey drumbsticks for Baba with a wonderful little helper. As time-consuming as the help can be I certainly hope it lasts. And, by the way, thanks Bayan.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Oh, boy! I hope he keeps it, up too, and I can see I'll need to adapt some when you come to visit.

My hat is off to you (so to speak). I don't know how you manage to do all that you do.