Ya think? While I was attempting to entice Anisa to the table, she was curled up on her bed still dressed up in her 'pooh bear the bumble bee costume', Bayan was on the table (not at, on) busily helping himself to the tadiq (the golden crust on the persian rice). I was just in time to catch him as he tried to climb back off and nearly fell, having pushed the chair away as he went. In the process he spilled his water across the table and narrowly missed drenching the rice that was now full of fist holes. He had, at some stage, managed to fling enough rice around the room to provide an excellent sticky carpet for me to walk on as well as a hearty invitation to the hordes of ants we have around the place. Sigh. And where on earth is Mehran? I am beginning to think that I may require some serious electro-shock therapy if I am to make it through the rest of the evening. Oh dear, someone sounds unhappy - do excuse me I had better go make my appointment.
“While they are at your side, love these little ones to the uttermost. Forget yourself. Serve them; care for them; lavish all your tenderness on them ....Love them and win their love, and shower on them all the treasures of your heart. Fill up their days with happiness, and share with them their mirth and innocent delights. Childhood is but for a day. Ere you are aware it will be gone with all its gifts for ever.” ~George Townshend
Monday, February 18, 2008
Sigh...
In the process of merely putting dinner on the table I was called by Ruhi to help alleviate the cause of the 'technical difficulties' (Bayan) she was experiencing on the computer (twice), compelled to comfort Anisa who was quietly sulking in her room because "nobody loves me" and (more to the point) someone (yours truly) would not let her use her use her Fifi the Flowertot cup at dinner (for numerous, perfectly legitimate reasons), forced to clean up tiny glass shards that had exploded into the carpet when Bayan smashed our good mirror onto the floor. Don't ask. He was quite jovial as he repeatedly exclaimed "Bwoken. Bwoken."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Somehow, you manage to be funny in the midst of your trials...or maybe it's the rush of empathy so painful that it makes one laugh (rather than cry) that all mothers feel for one another in hearing the stories of these kinds of days that we can all relate to...
Post a Comment