With aching legs and shoulders, after countless attempts to move a heavily laden filing cabinet and solid wooden piano, I picked up the kids and we braved the supermarkets and the harried rush of last minute Easter shoppers stocking up for the holidays. By the time we arrived home I was too exhausted to even contemplate making the garlic potato wedges, lamb burgers and garden salad that I had intended to. So I give you...
breakfast for dinner.
“While they are at your side, love these little ones to the uttermost. Forget yourself. Serve them; care for them; lavish all your tenderness on them ....Love them and win their love, and shower on them all the treasures of your heart. Fill up their days with happiness, and share with them their mirth and innocent delights. Childhood is but for a day. Ere you are aware it will be gone with all its gifts for ever.” ~George Townshend
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Breakfast for Dinner
After staying up late three nights in a row to cut out hundreds of paper keys (classroom behaviour management rewards) in a bid to have them ready to laminate by this afternoon; after spending the school day moving my classroom and another class' furniture into another building...again... ; after spending the afternoon hunched over a hot laminator desperately cramming keys into laminating pouches with a team of helpers and running them through the machine we have just over 2,000 laminated. Needless to say I will be spending the next few nights (to say the least) cutting out laminated keys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Some days, we just do what we can and call it good. I'll be the kids didn't mind a bit.
(Curiously, the verification word for this comment is "knishim" which would be the Hebrew plural for a Yiddish "knish" or turnover filled with potatoes, meat or cheese, often eaten as a snack.)
Post a Comment